Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lyrics to California

  1. #1
    Janie DP
    Guest Janie DP's Avatar

    Smile

    Thought I would post the lyrics to California for you all since they are not included on Truly Madly Completely apparently.

    California

    I got a cottage with a sea view
    I got a regular summer tan
    I?ve been working up the courage to call you all year, ohhh
    There is nothing I can say
    There are no good words left anyway
    Besides people are cruel and the world still moves without you, ohhh

    Welcome to my Californian home
    You don?t have to call me you can leave when you want
    There?s a picture by my bed
    There?s a light in your eyes
    I don?t know
    Well I don?t know
    Why you still feel alone

    And we were dying from the get go
    I was dreaming but you never believed
    I was trying to fit myself in the spaces between, ohhh
    And you were kind and sometimes cruel
    You said all the world?s love couldn?t satisfy you
    And nothing could have hurt me as much as the truth
    Ohhh darling

    Welcome to my Californian home
    You don?t have to call me you can leave when you want
    There?s a picture by my bed
    There?s a light in your eyes
    I don?t know
    Tell me ?cause I want to find out
    Do you still feel alone?

    Love is illusive when you search for it
    Don?t I know
    Happiness sometimes it just creeps in
    Don?t I know
    I?m going crazy
    I?ve been wondering
    Do you still feel alone?

    I need to find
    Some kind of peace of mind
    I need to find

    I got a cottage with a sea view
    I got a regular summer tan
    I know that I deserve more
    But I still want you

    Welcome to my Californian home
    You don?t have to call me you can leave when you want
    There?s a picture by my bed
    There?s a light in your eyes
    I don?t know
    Tell me ?cause I want to find out
    Do you still feel?

    Welcome to my California
    (I need to find)
    Even though I?m not good for you
    (Some kind of peace of mind)
    There?s a part of me still waiting for you
    (I need to find)
    Welcome to my happy ending
    (I need to find)
    Even though it?s fun contending
    (Some kind of peace of mind)
    I know
    I know you can?t look back, you can never go back

    Welcome to my Californian home
    You can never go back
    Welcome to my Californian home
    I know
    You can never go back
    Welcome to my Californian home
    I know
    You can never go back
    I know I need to find, do you still feel?

    Welcome to my Californian home
    (I need to find)
    Even though I?m no good for you
    (Some kind of peace of mind)
    Deep inside there?s a piece of me, there?s a piece of me
    Still waiting for you to come home
    Welcome to my Californian home
    (I need to find)
    I know you can never look back, you can never look back again
    (Some kind of peace of mind)
    But tell me ?cause I want to find out
    Do you still feel alone?
    Oh nooo
    Do you still feel alone?
    Oh nooo
    __________________

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Janie...

    Its a pity they didnt put some kind of booklet with it.. even if it was full of us saying what Savage Garden meant to us all lol


    I am loving that song atm..

    Kat

  3. #3
    Inactive Member twizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] It's a very nice song. I really like it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Ta for posting up the lyrics, Janie. [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member xenomania's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok I've just read the first two verses and OMG can anyone say slash!!! [img]wink.gif[/img] *Trundles off to read the rest of the lyrics* [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I gotta hear this song!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Donna_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2004
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Janie.

    I'm SO addicted to this song, I've been playing it non stop since the weekend! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sharonlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2004
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is such a beautiful song. For me there's echoes of LION in the part which goes 'love is elusive when you search for it'. It reminded me of the 'how many forms can indecision take?' part of LION. I also think there are sentiments which are similar between the two.

    I think I'm getting addicted to it..it might end up being one of my all-time favourites at this rate.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Donna_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2004
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sharonlk:
    For me there's echoes of LION in the part which goes 'love is elusive when you search for it'. It reminded me of the 'how many forms can indecision take?' part of LION.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought exactly the same Sharon.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member little bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    98
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks alot for the lyrics Janie [img]smile.gif[/img] I love them. I've heard so much about the song that has got me excited I can't wait to get TMC and hear it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Ivana's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I expected so much out of this song after reading your replies. I'm not as impressed but I hope that'll change after a few listenings.

    Here's my 'problem' with the song. Lyricly it oscilates in qualitly, imo. While I adore the line 'Love is illusive when you search for it', I don't like when songs have lyrics like these:
    'I got a cottage with a sea view
    I got a regular summer tan'
    'There?s a picture by my bed'

    Such objective descriptions don't really do it for me. The contrast to emotional descriptions is too big. Or maybe that was the intention? Please, tell me that was the intention and not just lack of inspiration for better lyrics.

    But I love how he sings 'home' in 'welcome to my Californian home' [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member *Ann*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I know what you mean Ivana, some of it's a bit cliched isn't it. Good song, but he's done a lot better in the past.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •